Happy February! Can you believe we’ve already made it through January!? I don’t know about you all, but January is not my favorite month. Bring on February!
For those that have followed me for a bit, one heads up that I’m adjusting the way I do my recaps to make them a bit shorter. Feel free to let me know what you think!
Let’s dive in!
My January Recap
- Bad Dolls by Rachel Harrison
- Cryptid Club by Sarah Andersen
- Deep by Aquino Loayza
- The Drift by C.J. Tudor
- Dying is Easy by Joe Hill & Martin Simmonds
- Fake Somebodies, Real Nobodies by E.C. Hanson
- Inside The Devil’s Nest by John Durgin
- Six Rooms by Gemma Amor
- [Wrap-Up] December 2022
- My Favorite Book Quotes from 2022
- A Running List of 2023 Horror Book Releases
- 2022 Highlights
- My 2022 Reading Stats
- My Favorite Books That I Read In 2022 | A List
- [Feature] Little Free Library Visit – #11
- Rachel Harrison on Dead Headspace | Podcast Feature
- [Feature] Little Free Library Visit – #12
- Best of Season Three on Dead Headspace | Podcast Feature
Starting out as a fan, I was shocked when Patrick and Brennan of Dead Headspace asked me to guest host for the first time. This month, I joined Pat and Brennan officially as one of the three hosts of the show, and I cannot be more honored to take part! This month, I took part in three episodes:
Episode 182 with author Rachel Harrison
Episode 183 for the Best of Season 3 with guests Chance Forshee and Brian McAuley
We also had C.J. Tudor on the show to talk about her latest release, The Drift. The lovely Candace Nola joined this session as well! Stay tuned for that episode’s launch!
Monthly bookish related haul:
One of these months, I’m going to hold myself to my book buying ban… Clearly January was not that month.
I acquired the following books directly from the author:
- Hallowed Oblivion by Katherine Silva
- The Hag Witch of Tripp Creek by Somer Canon
- Cruel Summer by Wesley Southard
- Vicki Beautiful by Somer Canon
- A Fresh Start by Somer Canon
- You’re Mine by Somer Canon
- Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear by Ronald Kelly
- Churn the Soil by Steve Stred
- The Wild Dark by Katherine Silva
- Decimated Dreams by Brennan LaFaro
- The Cursed Among Us by John Durgin
I also snagged the following from local bookstores:
- Cackle by Rachel Harrison
- Return of the Living Elves by Brian Asman
- The Return by Rachel Harrison
- Curse of the Reaper by Brian McAuley
- How To Sell A Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
- All Hallows by Christopher Golden
And finally, I got the following direct from the publisher:
- Southern Fried & Horrified by Ronald Kelly
My favorite book photo this month:
Thanks for reading!
sherry fundin says
Bad Dolls looks awesome and I love your stack of books. Happy reading.
sherry @ fundinmental
Great wrap up!
Erica Robyn says
Thank you so much!