Thank you for navigating over to this page! There’s a lot here, and I greatly appreciate you looking it over.
If We Have Worked Together In The Past:
If you are an author, publicist, or publisher that I have worked with in the past, please feel free to reach out to me directly via email at any time: email@example.com
When requesting a book review, please make a note if there is a specific release date that you’d like a review on, or whatever the earliest date you’d like the review to go up would be.
Not sure if we may have worked together or not? Feel free to check my Review Archive to search for your name or the name of a book you helped get out into the world.
If We Have Not Yet Worked Together:
For authors, publicists, and publishers that I have not yet worked with, at this time, my review requests are closed while I work to get caught back up. I will be looking to reopen this form toward the end of 2022 if all goes well.
Review Policy for Erica Robyn Reads
If you are a publisher or an author that would like to request a review from me for the first time, please review my full review policy, and then fill out the form linked at the bottom of this page. *THE FORM IS CURRENTLY CLOSED*
Please note: I try to respond to incoming requests at least once a month to say whether or not I will be able to take on the request. However, if a request does not follow my outlined process, I may delete the request without responding. Thank you in advance for understanding there.
My Review Policy
Genres I Accept
This is a horror review blog, so I am willing to consider anything under the horror umbrella from quiet horror to splatterpunk, and everything in-between.
That being said, I am always open to trying new genre ventures for authors that I love as well!
I personally prefer physical copies, but I accept Kindle friendly digital files as well. If the ebook is a version that I can send to my Kindle, that is excellent! After an 8+ hour workday staring at a computer screen, I like to avoid lit screens in my “down time” as much as possible.
Please note: I am located in the United States. Just a heads up as shipping costs can quickly skyrocket.
Where I May Post About Books*
*I will only post where I deem appropriate.
My Rating Policy
I no longer put star ratings on my blog. While my general stance on the ratings are below, each platform is so different… Because of this, you may see my ratings vary across the board when I send over review links.
However, it is important to note that I usually bail on a book if I’m thinking it will be a 1 or 2 star read as I simply stop reading books that I’m not enjoying.
- 5 Stars – Books I absolutely loved and would read again and again!
- 4 Stars – Books that I really enjoyed but may not re-read later on.
- 3 Stars – Books that I enjoyed. I would definitely still recommend these books!
- 2 Stars – Books that I personally didn’t care for but may still recommend.
- 1 Star – Books that I wish I hadn’t forced myself to finish and would likely not recommend.
- DNF – I do not give star ratings to my DNF books, but I will still write a short review on Goodreads ONLY.
I only accept a couple of review requests per month. Because of this, my calendar fills up really quickly. I have also become much more picky; only accepting books that sound like they will be in my wheelhouse to make sure I’m saving everyone involved the time.
The books that I accept on a monthly basis are slotted in by first come first serve basis. So, please let me know if you would like the book reviewed by a certain date. I will do my best to review by that date, but my turnaround time may be affected by general life, as I do this as a hobby.
When my review is ready, I will post it on my blog, review platforms, and other social media platforms as I deem appropriate.
Tagging On Social Media & Link Sharing
Once my posting is complete, I will email you the links to the platforms that I have posted on.
If you do NOT want me to send links over or tag you in any posts, please let me know in the comments section on the form.
What About Other Types Of Posts?
I am open to posting things such as author interviews, blog tours, cover reveals, and other bookish topics. However, I only post such things when I have already completed a book review for the specific author. Feel free to reach out about these elements via anytime!
Other Important Information –
- I will always write honestly and I reserve the right to say exactly what I think about a book.
- I will not read a physical book that smells strongly of cigarette smoke or anything else besides paper and ink (yes, sadly this has happened).
- I reserve the right to DNF a book if it isn’t working for me (see my DNF Policy here).
- If a book I’ve taken on for review (or otherwise) really isn’t working for me and I think it’s headed to a 1 or 2 star review, I will DNF as I don’t like reviewing books with low ratings. I’d much rather spread the word about books I loved.
- I will not change my review if asked, unless, of course, I have made a silly mistake like a typo or flubbed a name. Those mistakes I am always open to hearing!
- I will continue to follow my reviewing methods; some books I only write a small blurb (example here), while others I take a deeper dive (example here), all depending on my interest and feelings about the specific book.
- I will not accept books that are part of a series if I have not read the others first.
- If a physical book is provided and I DNFed it, I will not return it to the original sender. However, I will donate it to put it in the hands of another reader.
- I will never sell an ARC. If I read and didn’t love/DNFed the ARC, I may give it away to a friend or in a giveaway hosted on the blog, or donate it.
- I will not put up with any type of harassment or other negativity. If an anyone chooses to harass me in any way, shape, or form, I have no problem reporting them and then spreading the word to caution other readers.
- If I give a review timeline and that is accepted in our initial conversations, but someone begins to pester trying to hurry the review along, I will no longer be interested in the review and will ask not to be contacted again. Please keep in mind that I read and review in my free time and that my time needs to be respected. My tolerance for poor behavior is very low.
- I will not accept payment for anything related to reviews or this blog other than my Kofi account that people are more than welcome to donate to if they so choose.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review policy!
Here is the link to my request form. I look forward to hearing from you either on the form or via email if we have worked together before.
Have a great day!
To read feedback from others who have sent me work, click the image below: