Phew this month was crazy busy! I know I’ve said this every month for the last few months, but this one… this was the craziest of them all!
Leading up to the wedding on the 7th, I was a total mess of anxiety. But then before I knew it, our wedding had come and gone! It was such an amazing day. We really lucked out with the weather and we had so much fun!
I am planning to do a quick post to share some of my favorite photos, so stay tuned if you’d like to see more!
After the wedding, we had a short staycation where we got to spend a lot of time with our friends from Illinois as we showed them around our area! We took them to Hampton (NH), Rye Beach (NH), York (ME), Salem (MA), Portsmouth (NH) and a few places in-between. It was SO difficult saying goodbye to them at the end of their trip. I really hope Alex and I can fly out to visit them again soon!
The week I returned to my full-time job post-wedding, I had to go to Oshawa in Canada to visit a member. Landing at the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport was interesting! To get off that little island we had to take a ferry. It was the quickest ferry ride I have ever taken; it just took 54 seconds to get across! This trip was a day trip where I was up and out by 4am and I didn’t get back home until 10pm. It was a great trip, but try tiring of course. Especially because I do not like flying… so the anxiety from that totally zapped me.
That same week that I returned to work, we had a team building day where our team was split up into three groups and then we all spent the morning doing three escape rooms. My team got out of two out of the three! We didn’t get out of the first one, but I’m sure if we had done that one second or third that we would have.
And of course, that same week, I also restarted work for my side jobs. I was busy playing a bit of catch up, but it was so nice to get back into the swing of things!
- 3 Stars- 2
- 2 Stars- 0
- 1 Star- 0
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017 Film)
- I went into this one slightly hesitant. I’ll admit, I was super nervous about how modernized they were making this. I’m so happy to say that I was very pleasantly surprised! The storyline was wonderfully modern and interesting. And oh my goodness, the actors in this film did such a GREAT job! They all need awards for this one!! Alex and I were laughing throughout the entire movie. I highly recommend it! This is one we added to our “To Buy” list immediately after watching. 5/5
- Operator (2016 Film)
- Phew! This was intense! I love Mae Whitman so much! She did such a wonderful job in this film. Martin Starr was great as well! You could definitely guess what was going to happen with the storyline, but this film was quite eerie and sad nonetheless! 4/5
- Love, Simon (2018 Film)
- I almost didn’t give this one a go because I wasn’t a huge fan of the book, but I’m so glad I did! This is another case where I actually enjoyed the movie more than the book! 4/5
- Atypical, Season 2 (Netflix Series)
- I just adore this show. Season two was even more awesome than season one! I can’t wait to see what happens next! 5/5
- The Good Place, Season 2 (TV Show)
- I didn’t like this season as much as the first (that bar was set pretty high!), but it was still a lot of fun to watch! 4/5
- Coco (2017 Film)
- I FINALLY got around to watching Coco! What a lovely movie! I really enjoyed the overall storyline and the animation and colors were amazing! 4/5
- I, Tonya (2017 Film)
- This one was difficult to watch… but the actors did a great job! Definitely one I would recommend watching, but I wouldn’t watch it again. 3/5
- It finally happened. I lost steam with Marvel Strike Force… I struggled to enjoy my time playing early this month, and I finally had to just uninstall the app.
- Phew, there was quite a bit of drinking this month! There was just so much to celebrate!
- Kendall from my book club gifted me a very tasty bottle of champagne that Alex and I drank one afternoon at his parents.
- I did not one, but TWO LaBelle wine tastings this month… One with the ladies from Illinois, family, and my best friend and her husband that traveled out here for the wedding. The second was with the gents from Illinois.
- While on our staycation after the wedding, we popped into a great local pizza shop called the Flying Saucer Pizza Company. They had a killer drink list! One of them was called the Captain America… so of of course I had to get one! And yes, that is a Marvel scarf that I’m wearing 🙂
- Also on the same trip to Salem, MA, I had a really delicious Genmaicha tea! I need to get some of this to have at home!
- On my trip to Canada, my director and I stopped in to a local brewery and I had a delicious raspberry beer! I SO wish this was available locally here in NH!
- Listening to:
- Books in the Freezer Episode #24- Unhyped Horror was an amazing crossover for this horror fangirl! Stephanie and Rachel created an episode with Katie from ChapterStackss! Give it a listen here!
- In the bookish community:
- Angela of Musings of a Literary Wanderer wrote an amazing post that will give your creativity a boost! Check out 5 Ways To Make Book Reviews More Fun To Read (& Write!).
- Bark’s Book Nonsense created an amazing list of All The Horror Reviewers You Will Ever Need, and she was kind enough to list my blog! If you’re a fan of horror, you gotta check out this list!!
- We started hearing about casting for NOS4A2 and I AM SO EXCITED SO FAR!! Check out the latest casting update here.
- After finishing Dead Princess Walking, I saw this awesome thing:
- Looking forward to:
- I just love October! So I’m definitely looking forward to this month!
- Monthly bookish related haul:
- I finally ordered myself a spoon that I had been eyeing for a couple years!
- My September Book Of The Month box arrived the day after our wedding! 🙂 Unfortunately this month I had picked The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar, and had to DNF. It just wasn’t a book for me.
- I also got some surprise book mail from Bloomsbury this month! I can’t wait to give this one a read!
- I also received my very first OwlCrate box! It was a limited edition run, and when I got the email notifying fans of the theme, I just couldn’t help myself…
- Here are some other items that I snagged this month. I cannot wait to dive into all of the books! And that t-shirt is definitely one of my new favorites!
- Book Club:
- This month was so busy I missed both of my book clubs 🙁
In Case You Missed It