Phew, June just flew by. Time really needs to slow down a bit! This month was a good one, but very busy per usual.
We started the month attending The Heart Walk with a bunch of people from my work. It was a very hot day, and we were a bit bummed that there wasn’t water along the route… but the turnout was great and we had a lot of fun!
Work is still going well. One day this month when there was a heat advisory, our owner surprised us by having an ice-cream truck park out front to hand out free frozen treats! On another day, our street flooded… Luckily my car was out of the range of the water, but because the road slopes down on either side, a few cars weren’t so lucky. Leaving work that afternoon, I was shocked to see how many cars just tried to drive on through it, like the car in the photo. This driver wasn’t even at the deepest point yet…
B Yoga had a 30% off sale in honor of International Day of Yoga, so I finally replaced my horrible Manduka mat that was more dangerous than useful. I LOVE the B Mat. If you’re in the market for a new yoga mat, I very highly recommend this one! You don’t slip on the surface of the mat at all!
One of the highlights of this month was my bridal shower. It was such a great party! My mom and Alyssa did an amazing job organizing it!
- 4 Stars- 1
- 3 Stars- 0
- 2 Stars- 0
- 1 Star- 0
- West of Memphis (2012 Documentary)
- After finishing the series about the West Memphis 3, we just had to watch this one… Absolutely incredible. 5/5
- Altered Carbon (2018 TV Series)
- Alex asked me to start watching this after he binge watched all the available episodes. I really enjoy this one! The storyline is such an interesting idea, the action is well done, and it is SO funny at times. Joel Kinnaman does an AMAZING job as the main character, Takeshi Kovacs, but I also really like Martha Higareda (who plays Kristin Ortega), and I especially love Chris Conner (who plays Poe). 4/5
- Beauty and the Beast (2017 Film)
- I enjoyed this one quite a bit! It certainly made me want to rewatch the original! There were a few scenes that I couldn’t watch because of the spinning camera work though, and sometimes the CGI just wasn’t doing it for me. I don’t think I would watch it again on my own, but overall a good film. 3/5
- I’m still horribly addicted to Marvel Strike Force!
- I went out for drinks with the marketing team at work and had a couple Them Little Apples ciders from Moonlight Meadery. So tasty!
- Alex and I met up with our friends Amber and Robby at another local winery, Flag Hill and did a tasting… I think I found my new favorite place in NH. I loved each and every one of the wines I tried!
- After the bridal shower, we went out for a quick drink. I can’t remember what the brand was, but it was a very refreshing prosecco.
- I also tried a new cider during book club. Oh my god. It is DELICIOUS! I need to find this at a craft brew store so I can keep some in our fridge.
- Listening to:
- Monthly bookish related haul:
- I finally bought myself a book sleeve! I LOVE it! It’s so pretty and wonderful quality! Check out Sew Chic on Etsy.
- I also snagged a few books this month. Two were from my local Goodwill, and two were from The Bookery.
- Book Club:
- This month, my book club read AND watch Room! I had already read the book, so I decided to try it out on audio (as linked above). I had also already seen the movie, but watching it with our group just two days after a great book discussion was lovely! We also held our book discussion at the new local bookshop, Bookery. What a great space! They even kept the kitchen open later so we could all do our usual; order dinner and drinks.
- #BookBlogExpo Day 3: Most Anticipated Books & Giveaway Day
- [Book Cover Reveal] The Eldritch Heart by Matthew S. Cox
- #BookBlogExpo Day 4: Blogging Advice
- #BookBlogExpo Day 5: Wrap-Up & Giveaway Winner
- [Book Blogger Hop] If I Had $100 To Spend
- [Top 10 Tuesday] A List Of Books To Read By The Pool
- [Book Blogger Hop] Finding Balance With Work
- [Blogging Discussion] 7 Reasons Why I Won’t Follow Your Blog
- [Meme] My Favorite… Book Blog To Visit
- [Book Blogger Hop] My Instagram Account Dilemma
- [Book Event] Meeting Joe Hill @ Bookery in Manchester, NH
Thanks for reading!