August was filled with excitement! Leading up the the wedding, I was so stressed. Almost every single day, we had something wedding related on the calendar. But even so, we still had a ton of fun!
One highlight of the month was our annual trip to Waterville Valley! Being up north with our friends is always such a treat!
Another of the highlights of this month was my friend Amber’s magical Harry Potter party! I mean, just check out this group of photos below. She is SO clever and creative!!
Toward the middle of the month, we had my bachelorette party. My ladies took me to one of my favorite towns in New Hampshire; Portsmouth. We did a LaBelle wine tasting and then wandered the city for a bit.
Next up, Alex and I got last minute tickets to go see Red Sun Rising, Shinedown, and Godsmack. Shinedown was absolutely incredible!! I highly recommend seeing them if they come to your area! I wasn’t a huge fan until I saw them live; now I’m hooked!
My work also threw me a surprise cupcake and cookie party before I took my break for the wedding! What an amazing bunch! I was totally blown away that they also managed to find our Future Fund and made a contribution! <3
- 4 Stars- 2
- 3 Stars- 1
- 2 Stars- 1
- 1 Star- 0
- Wonder (2017 Film)
- Oh my gosh. This was PERFECT. The casting was lovely, the actors all did an amazing job, and overall I thought it was a wonderful adaptation! It’s a tearjerker though! I very rarely cry during movies; during this one I was tearing up left and right! 5/5
- The Greatest Showman (2017 Film)
- We finally snagged this one from Netflix. SO lovely! I don’t know what took us so long! We loved this film! Such fun! 5/5
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018 Film)
- Alex and I re-watched this film when we snagged it on DVD. It was even more amazing the second time around. Gosh I love this movie! 5/5
- I’m still horribly addicted to Marvel Strike Force!
- While we were in Waterville, we played our usual game; One Night Ultimate Werewolf.
- Also in Waterville, we played the Marvel Legendary board game. SO fun! I can’t wait to play again!
- A third game that we played in Waterville was Knock Knock, created by BKW of one of my favorite podcasts, Top 5 of Death. I AM OBSESSED. We had so much fun! What a clever game!! I highly recommend checking this one out!
- While out for Alex’s birthday, I ordered a glass of moscato. A few minutes later, our waitress came back and this conversation happened: The waitress: “Did you say Prosecco or Moscato?” Me: “Moscato please.” The waitress: “Prosecco. Ok.” as she immediately turns around… So I got a Prosecco. I drank it, and it was lovely. But for my second drink I went and ordered from the bar instead. It was quite funny and turned into the joke of the night.
- This month I also had a delicious cup of Coconut African Rooibos tea. The diner priced it at $4…which I wasn’t thrilled about when I got my check. But hey, at least it was tasty!
- I spotted this at the grocery store and had to bite my tongue so I didn’t cheer. I LOVE these chips… SO much. A friend from Canada sent me a bag a few years ago when he sent me a whole Canada gift box. But of course, these can’t usually be found in my area in the US. I had to force myself not to just sit and eat this whole bag.
- Listening to:
- Brie Larson is set to co-star with Michael B. Jordan in the adaptation of Just Mercy. Two of my favorites! Sign me up!
- We got a trailer for Bel Canto!
- Amy of A Magical World of Words gave me a lovely shout-out on her weekly wrap-up!
- Looking forward to:
- Monthly bookish related haul:
- This month was crazy when it comes to new books! Many I was sent from publishers and authors, a few I purchased new, one I snagged at a second hand shop, and a few I was gifted!
- Some of my Deadpool socks have been slowing getting holes in them… So I just had to snag a new pack!
- And then this happened… Of course I was going to add Deadpool 2 to our collection! But when I saw Fight Club takeover for $5… I just HAD to.
- MY COASTER ARRIVED!! I love this so much! I’m displaying it on my floating photo shelf. Check out Tony Moyle’s online shop here!
- This one isn’t bookish related… but… BOOM, BABY! How cute is he?!
- Book Club:
- [Book Blogger Hop] Sitting Down With A Good Book
- 3 August Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- [Meme] My Favorite… Thing About 2018 So Far
- Visiting The BookMonger in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
- [Book Blogger Hop] Other Book Bloggers I Follow
- Online Shop Spotlight: Literary Book Gifts
- Book Of The Month- August 2018
- [Book Blogger Hop] Where I Post My Reviews
- 4 September Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read