Phew, what a month! I had a bit of a health scare, but things are finally turning around. We’re still not totally sure what was going on… but it felt like I was about to have an asthma attack constantly. At the worst, I was getting winded after taking only a few steps. I had lots of blood work done and even had a chest x-ray, before winding up on a pill regiment. The pills were incredibly rough; they made me so sick so I was so happy to finish them!
So through all of that, I didn’t get to all of my spooky reads, but I still did quite a bit of reading!
- 4 Stars- 6
- 3 Stars- 3
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- One of my Halloween must-watch movies, of course!
- Another of my Halloween must-watch movies
- It (1990)
- I can’t believe I hadn’t seen this before! I really enjoyed it, but it’s not one that I need to have for my DVD shelf.
- It (2017)
- I was SO excited for this one, but unfortunately, it just wasn’t for me. I didn’t jump at the jump scares. I didn’t laugh at most of the jokes. Truthfully, I only really liked two scenes; the opening scene where Georgie is killed, and the flooded basement scene with the two boys. I thought that Jackson Robert Scott was PERFECT as Georgie. He was definitely my favorite character and I cannot wait to see where his career brings him.
- Playing: Nothing this month.
- Listening to:
In Case You Missed It:
- 3 November Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- [Book Event] Meeting Joe Hill
- [FLYTIP] Improving Your Bookish Photos
- The Spooky Would You Rather Book Tag
- [Top 5 Wednesday] 5 Books That Feature Zombies
- [Top 10 Tuesday] Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned In Books
- [FLYTIP] Make Your Mark: My Favorite Bookmarks
- [Top 10 Tuesday] Ten Fall Book Covers
- 3 October Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- [Wrap-Up] September 2017
How was your month? Have any special plans for November? I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below!