I am a total sucker for quotes! Last year, I posted a list of my favorite book quotes from 2017.
This year, I just couldn’t wait to put a similar post together!
My Favorite Book Quotes from 2018
“You cannot take back words, once they’ve been spoken.”
– My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
You had to know when it made sense to try to untangle something and when to just cut the motherfucker loose.
– NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
Strange how a town can be exactly the same and completely different at the same time.
– Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost
He tilted his head slightly and planted a kiss on the corner of her mouth, very brief, like the question mark at the end of a sentence.
– Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Castle’s obvious lack of watching Scooby-Doo cartoons and horror movies was going to get me killed, I just know it.
– Flying Broomsticks and Buns by L.M. Schukraft
The eye, the memory – they’re the trickiest liars. Only the camera lenses captures the truth, and just for a moment.
– Under My Skin by Lisa Unger
The moments that define lives aren’t always obvious.
– Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab
People can see an awful lot, and believe none of it.
– Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab
“That which does not kill us makes us stronger,” claimed Nietzsche, or Kanye West, depending on your cultural frame of reference…
– Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear
That remark earns me a stress-ball thrown at my head. ‘I don’t think that’s how they’re supposed to be used, Abbey,’ I tell her, before ducking again as a clipboard flies my way.
– War of the Damned (Relic Hunters, #3) by Martin Ferguson
It’s probably time to write a list. That’s what I do whenever I’m overwhelmed and confused. It’s not like I figure out any huge answers, but I always feel better after my thoughts are in writing.
– The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
– The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
I still hold out hope that some day people will come to understand we’re all passengers on the same boat, seeking answers to the same questions.
– The Infinet by John Akers
Life is what you dream it is.
– Glimpse by Jonathan Maberry
Her stomach lurched as hope was snatched away like a rug pulled from under her feet.
– Force of Nature (Aaron Falk, #2) by Jane Harper
“You’re very brave young lady,” Evelyn said after Sandy confided in her.
“No, I’m not. I’m scared to death.”
“The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Brave people are frightened all the time, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t brave. What makes them brave is standing up for what they believe in or risking their own safety despite being scared.”
– The Last Straw (Pigeon-Blood Red Book 2) by Ed Duncan
Not to worry. A glass of champagne will doubtless serve to remedy the situation, as, indeed it is a remedy for most things, I have discovered.– ACT One, Scene One-Murder by A.H. Richardson
Everyone expects the bogeyman to look like some sort of freak, but these guys, half of them could pass for Mr. Rogers.
– The Vanishing Season (Ellery Hathaway, #1) by Joanna Schaffhausen
If our world was a snow globe, it was the day some casual god came along, shook it hard and set it back down again. Even when the foam and flakes had settled, things weren’t the way they were before. Not exactly. They might have looked the same through the glass but, on the inside, everything was different.
– The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
Luck has nothing to do with it. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. There’s nothing more to it.
– The House on the Forgotten Coast by Ruth Coe Chambers
Thanks for reading!
Did you have a favorite book quote this year? If so, I’d love to read it! Feel free to post it in the comments section below.