When I saw Esther of BiteIntoBooks post this tag, I just had to dive in! Check out her post here!
- Pick five books.
- Answer the questions by flipping open a book at a random page. The first name you see will be the name to answer the question.
- Each book must answer two questions.
The Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag
The books I’ve picked:
- The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Let’s see how this goes!
The First Person To Die
Fiona (The Grim Grotto)
Sorry Fiona! After her betrayal, I don’t feel too bad about this one.
The Person You Trip To Get Away From The Zombies
I… Don’t see this going over very well. If anyone trips Victor, I think they’d be in for a very painful experience.
The First Person To Turn Into A Zombie
Harry (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
You’re a zombie, Harry! Sorry bud.
The Person That Trips You To Get Away From The Zombie
Mallory (Bird Box)
Bummer! If this name was going to come up, I was so hoping it would be for something better. While Mallory is certainly a survivor, I don’t really see her doing something like this. She’s just too good.
The Idiot Of The Team
Halliday (Ready Player One)
Hm, this is an interesting one. When this name was first picked, I thought it was horribly off base. After all, Halliday was a genius… when it came to technology and designing the Oasis that is. But in a zombie apocalypse, without electricity the internet, this may be a true fit!
The Brains Of The Team
Sunny (The Grim Grotto)
Always level-headed and much more intelligent that her short years would lead others to assume. I’m totally cool with this pick, as long as we have someone that can understand her baby language!
The Team’s Medic
“She was only twenty, had been coveted by the top schools since she could drive, had been given a dozen business cards followed by a dozen offers and just as many follow-ups, both subtle and not so subtle bribes, and here she was at Lockland.” While she was focused more on engineering, I’m sure she would be a great medic if she set her mind to it.
The Weapons Expert
Ron (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
Eek. We’ll be in a bit of trouble here… Unless Mr. Weasley has taught Ron some related things from the muggle world that we didn’t see in the book.
Tom (Bird Box)
I don’t see this one going over very well. Tom could certainly handle himself in a few one off fights… But I’m not sure he would have the stamina to do a lot of damage to a larger hoard.
The Team Captain
Parzival (Ready Player One)
I worry about this pick. On one hand, Parzival could be a great team lead! But on the other… I guess it would depend on if we have the Parzival that learned his lesson about being self absorbed or not yet.
My Zombie Apocalypse Team
- The First Person To Die: Fiona (The Grim Grotto)
- The Person You Trip To Get Away From The Zombies: Victor (Vicious)
- The First Person To Turn Into A Zombie: Harry (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
- The Person That Trips You To Get Away From The Zombie: Mallory
- The Idiot Of The Team: Halliday (Ready Player One)
- The Brains Of The Team: Sunny (The Grim Grotto)
- The Team’s Medic: Angie (Vicious)
- The Weapons Expert: Ron (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
- The Brawler: Tom (Bird Box)
- The Team Captain: Parzival (Ready Player One)
Well… I think we may be in a bit of trouble. These are all definitely great characters, but I think a little reorganization could have made us more successful. But who knows! Maybe the team would surprise me.
Thanks for reading!
If you complete this tag, I would love to see what you ended up with!