Phew! What a month. I started off really strong, but then ran into a bit of a reading slump toward the end of the month. Even so, I read a bunch of really awesome books this month!
- 5 Stars- 7
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Jim Kay (Illustrator), Siobhan Dowd (Conception)
- Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation by Tim Hamilton
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- Here and Gone by Haylen Beck
- Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently–and Succeeding by Seth Goldman, Barry J. Nalebuff
- The Dark by Lemony Snicket, Jon Klassen (Illustrations)
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- 4 Stars- 3
- Bet You Didn’t Think MS Could Look This Good: The Ramblings of a Medicated Mind by Lisa A. Baeringer
- Humbug Witch by Lorna Balian
- You’ll Never Know, Dear by Hallie Ephron
- 3 Stars- 1
- 2 Stars- 1
- 1 Star- 0
- DNF- 2
- A Monster Calls
- What an incredible adaptation!! Click here to read my full review!
- I LOVE this show so much!
- Incredibly stressful to watch, but an amazing film! I highly recommend giving it a watch.
- Van Helsing (Netflix series)
- SO horrible. Poor acting, flat storyline, and the vampires were wicked lame. I had to bail on the show after only a couple of episodes. 🙁
- Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
- Dark Tide (2012)
- This movie was so awful. The acting was pretty lame and the storyline was super predictable. The only element that made this worth watching was Mark Elderkin, who played the character of Tommy.
- Power Rangers (2017)
- Some of the dialogue was a bit lame, but over all I really enjoyed this movie!! Billy rules!
- Kubb– This is such a fun outdoor game! I highly recommend buying or making a set if you’re looking for something fun and a little different from typical lawn games!
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf– On our trip to the White Mountains, we played this game for HOURS one night. I’m so bad at lying, so I’m pretty awful at this game but I still had lots of fun!
- I’ve been so hooked on Honest Tea beverages. Specifically the Raspberry Black Tea.
- Listening to:
- My Favorite Murder (Podcast)- I’m still binge listening to this one!
- In the bookish community:
- This was the final month of the Summer Commenting Challenge hosted by Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense. For the month of August, I was paired with Barb of Booker T’s Farm: Books & Nails & Puppy Dog Tales. I’ve had a great time getting to know her and will definitely be staying in touch well after the challenge ends! I highly recommend giving her blog a peek!
- Looking forward to:
- Alex’s sister is getting married in September and I cannot wait for her big day!
In Case You Missed It:
- Happy National Book Lovers Day!
- [Book Tag] The Mystery Blogger Award
- [Book Tag] The Longest Book Tag
- [Top 10 Tuesday] Ten Book Recommendations For Memoir Lovers
- [FLYTIP] Ten Of My Favorite Book Photos
- Discussion of the Film Adaptation of Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
- [Top 10 Tuesday] Ten Books That Should Be Required Reading for Middle/High Schoolers
- [Bookish Discussion] 5 Reasons Why I Won’t Lend Out Books
- How To Set Up The Followers Widget On Blogger
- 6 Things Readers Want You To Stop Asking
- 4 September Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
Thanks for reading!
How was your month? Have any special plans for September? I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below!