On a unusually warm and blustery day in October that was threatening rain, my friend Amber and I headed to Gibson’s Bookstore in Concord, New Hampshire to attend a book talk. The presenter? Mr. Joe Hill.
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know how often I rave about Joe Hill. I’ve been meaning to do a few re-reads so I can write up reviews of the books I had read before starting this blog. So stay tuned for that!
Meeting Joe Hill
The session started with Joe presenting his new book, Strange Weather, a book of four novels. There were jokes about what a fitting day this was for the book release, as we were indeed having strange weather! Then he jumped in to explaining the book, situations as past book releases, and then reading a passage.
This reading was following by an awesome question and answer session! I could hardly stay in my seat when the discussion covered the Locke and Key series.
Here are a few of the things that stuck with me during the talk:
- The Locke and Key series is currently filming. Fingers crossed Hulu picked it up for a long-term series!!
- If the Locke and Key series does well, Joe has two other comic series in the Locke and Key world in mind. One during wartime at Keyhouse, one when the kids in Locke and Key are a bit older. I would LOVE to see this!
- The boy that plays Bode is also in the new IT movie. Joe would love to have a scene where Tyler asks Bode if he wants ice-cream, and Bode will respond, “FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT!”
- Joe’s current favorite horror movie is the new IT.
- He did a Spiderman comic one time.
- He didn’t tell his agent who he really was until his first book was picked up by a publisher. He wanted to do everything right, and not just be picked up because his father is Stephen King.