2019 just flew by!
I’m so glad that I started the draft of this post back in January… I can’t believe how long ago some of these items seem already!
Let’s dive in!
My Highlights of 2019
I had the amazing opportunity to meet Katherine Arden at Gibson’s Books on her book tour for The Winter of the Witch with my book club!
One of my quotes was included in the Flying Broomsticks and Buns book trailer!
I finally made the switch to WordPress and I was thrilled with the results!
I was included in the Special Thanks area for Our Final Halloween!
I was given the amazing opportunity to be the first to post my review for Tony Moyle’s The End of the World is Nigh!
I hosted an interview with Glendy Vanderah, author of Where the Forest Meets the Stars. Check out the interview here!
In May I had the opportunity to interview the amazing L.M. Schukraft! Check out the interview here.
In June I interviewed one of my favorite horror authors, Kevin J. Kennedy! Check out the interview here.
I also announced my new role as Plum Deluxe Tea Ambassador!
In July, I got to host an interview with Blogger, Lauren Becker. Check it out here!
In August, I read and reviewed the novella, They Come At Night by Nick Clausen. Shortly afterward, I received an email from Nick, which kicked off a wonderful conversation that we had over the next few weeks!
Shortly after this original conversation, Nick continued to send me other novellas of his work and I cruised right through them!
I’m also pumped to say that I got a seat on Nick Clausen’s review team!! I cannot wait to see what he writes next!
In September, I posted a review for an anthology that I read, 100 Word Horrors, Part 3. The number of comments, messages, emails, and tweets that I got from the writers after this went live was astounding! I was sent so many kind words. Thank you all! <3
Here are a few:
- “A writer lives and dies on the opinions of his readers. Thanks for the oxygen.” – Dean King
- “Another great review for 100 Word Horrors book 3, where Erica gives a rating of every single story. :)” – Kevin J Kennedy
- “Thanks for the thoughtful review! My son is Julian Guignard, and just turned 11. He wrote the story, “Dog Lover Doom” in this anthology, and he was jumping up and down in excitement that you’d given him 5 stars for it (i.e. rating higher than my own story, haha)!” – Eric J. Guignard
- “A review of my drabble contribution to KJK Publishing’s “100 WORD HORRORS 3″ by Erica Robyn Reads. One word is all I need, baby! And it’s a GREAT one! <3 Thank you, Erica. You made my night!” – Zoey Xolton
- “Big thanks to @ericarobyn for her great review and very kind words. Thanks Erica!” – Robin Braid
In October, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend an event with Joe Hill and Stephen King! It was AMAZING. Check out my post about the event here!
Also in October… Something that I think is really cool happened!! Books In The Freezer Podcast included my clip on their episode talking about top Stephen King books as voted on by their listeners! Give the episode a listen here!
In December, I received a wonderful email from Sarah Miniaci of Smith Publicity, Inc. offering me the chance to peek through their catalog for books I’d be interested in reviewing. I’m not sure how I ended up on her list, but I’m so grateful that I did!
I was also sent my very first book catalog!
I continued to be part of the Advanced Reader Teams for Tony Moyle, T.L. Branson, and Nick Clausen! I also continued to make my way through Kevin K. Kennedy’s work; just one more book to go before I believe I’m all caught up!! I’m so very grateful for being given the opportunity to read each of these authors works early!
One last thing- I read SIXTY-NINE books that I rated five stars. How amazing?! I’m so grateful that I was able to read this many books that totally knocked my socks off. Here’s to hoping to match that in 2020!
Thanks for reading!
I’d love to hear about your 2019 highlights! Feel free to leave a comment below.