Phew, what an amazing month July was this year. Not only is July my birthday month, but I also got engaged! With all of the excitement in my personal life, I am pretty shocked to see my final stats for the month.
- 5 Stars- 3
- 4 Stars- 5
- Blessedly Bound by Lucretia Stanhope
- Don’t Close Your Eyes by Holly Seddon
- Five Ghosts, Volume Three: Monsters and Men by Frank J. Barbiere, Chris Mooneyham (Illustrator)
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- The Legend of Zelda Vol. 4: The Minish Cap/Phantom Hourglass by Akira Himekawa
- 3 Stars- 1
- 2 Stars- 0
- 1 Star- 1
- The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: The Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way (Writer), Gabriel Bá, Dave Stewart (Colourist), Nate Piekos (Letterer), Tony Ong (Designer)
- DNF- 1
- Spider-Man Homecoming
- I LOVED this movie. I cannot wait to see more of Tom Holland’s portrayal of Spidey.
- Doctor Strange
- This one was a bit rough for me. I liked the storyline and thought it was a decent first movie to introduce the character. But with all the special effects and the spinning, I couldn’t watch a majority of the movie without getting really sick.
- Alex and I binge watched this and we cannot wait for season two! If you haven’t already, make sure to check this one out!!
- Life After Beth
- This movie was just not for me. I actually watched most of it one click faster than normal speed because I was so bored.
- The 100 (Season 4)
- Alex and I are very slowly getting through season four. I’m a bit worried that I’m starting to lose interest.
- Young & Hungry (Season 5)
- Now this show is one that I am totally sick of. It’s just the same awful storyline season after season. And my god, the characters are absolutely horrible to one another! I think I’m going to give up on it.
- Alex snagged me Tales from the Borderlands when it was free on the PlayStation. I binge played all five episodes in just a couple days. I was so obsessed that at one point I announced to Alex that I couldn’t focus on my reading because I kept thinking about the game and had to see how the story ended!
- I’ve been stuck on either Arnold Palmers with chunks of strawberries or blackberry Izze drinks.
- Listening to:
- My Favorite Murder (Podcast)- So spooky! I recently heard about this show and since I listened to the very first episode, I’ve been totally hooked!
- In the bookish community:
- I have been participating in the Summer Commenting Challenge hosted by Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense. For the month of July, I was paired with Sassy of Alternative-Read.com and I have had a lovely time getting to know her as we each commented back and forth on each others blogs.
- I had the wonderful opportunity to meet two book bloggers in real life! We went to the Book Barn in Niantic, CT and had a blast!
- Looking forward to:
- Wedding planning, obviously! 🙂
- Alex and I have also just started learning to code. We did our first few lessons last night. I’m really looking forward to learning more!
In Case You Missed It:
- [FLYTIP] How To Find And Create Perfect Images For Your Blog
- [Bookish Discussion] My Star Rating System For Books
- Bookish Facts About Me (According To My Fiancé) <— engagement details here!
- [Bookish Discussion] 7 Books That Lived Up To The Hype
- [Book Tag] Mid-Year Freak Out 2017
- My Book Lending Horror Stories
- 5 August Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- My Trip To The Book Barn in Niantic, Connecticut <— details about meeting a couple of book bloggers in real life!
Thanks for reading!
How was your month? Do you have any goals set for August?
For those of you that have followed me for a while now, what do you think about this longer version of my wrap-up?