I cannot believe that today officially marks my one year Blogiversary. Man, this year has just flown by!
When I first started this blog here on Blogger, I didn’t really have a plan. All I knew is that I wanted to take my love of reading up a notch. I’m so glad that I took this path!
Of course I have had my fair share of stressful situations as a result of this blog, but overall it has been an absolutely wonderful year. I have met so many amazing readers, bloggers, publishers, and authors. Thank you all so much. Your support truly means the world to me!
My 1 Year Blogiversary
- My very first blog post here was [Book Tag] 25 Bookish Facts About Me.
- I posted 16 blog posts before I got my first comment.
- My first commenter was Julia @ Read and Live Well. Unfortunately, it seems her blog has been taken down.
- Over the course of the year, my blog has gone through three major redesigns before settling in to the one you see today.
- My follower count here on Blogger has grown from 0 to 83.
- My page view count has grown from 0 to 77,166.
- My Facebook fan page follower count has grown from 0 to 143.
- Honest review requests completed this year: 46
My most popular posts this year include:
- [Bookish Discussion] 16 Books That Didn’t Live Up To The Hype
- My Trip To The Book Barn in Niantic, Connecticut
- 3 November Book Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- My 10 Favorite Books That Were Published in 2017
- 6 Things Readers Want You To Stop Asking
What I’ve Learned:
I have learned that I cannot push myself to post once per day. I was following that schedule for awhile, but quickly felt like I was going to burn out. Now I simply post as I can. If that means I have the next month scheduled out ahead of time, great! If I need to take things day by day, that’s fine too.
I have learned that Honest Review Requests are so much fun, but they can quickly overwhelm. I had to change my policy about accepting submissions a number of times before I found a process that worked for me. However, I am still working on tweaking it and would happily take suggestions here!
On the note of honest review requests, I have learned that having a clear policy is key. This helps to create ground rules and protect you if something goes wrong. I was really upset that I had to make it clear that I would not put up with harassment or other negativity when dealing in honest review exchanges, but I’m very glad that I have only had to deal with that mess a handful of times.
I have learned how to politely decline an honest review request and how to inform an author that I will be DNFing their book. Though I still hate to do so.
I know I am going to forget some key people here… so stay tuned, I’m sure I’ll be updating this section again soon 🙂
Thank you to all of you amazing authors for contacting me for an honest review and for being incredibly patient with me as I work to fine tune my process. And a special thanks to those of you that were extra patient during my nasty reading slump earlier this year that pushed all of my dates out a couple of months!
Thank you to Kelsey Butts and Pam Labbe for putting some wonderful books on my radar. I always look forward to seeing your email addresses pop up in my inbox!
Thank you to everyone that was so kind as to provide me with a testimonial after working with me.
And last, but certainly not least, thank you to all that follow, read, and/or comment on this blog. You are all so incredible!
Thanks for reading! And again, thank you all so much for your support!