Once A Liar by A.F. Brady was a tale about a horribly unlikable man who seems to have lost his humanity. But when he is accused of murder, he swears that he didn’t do it. As the scale begins to slowly tip against him, his precious and meticulously designed life starts to unravel.
I’m very thankful to TLC Book Tour for giving me the chance to read this novel!
My Thoughts on Once A Liar by A.F. Brady
I had such an interesting experience reading this novel. For the most part, I absolutely hated the main character, disliked many of the supporting characters, and really didn’t care for many elements about the plot.
And to be clear, I received an uncorrected proof, so this next comment may not be true for the final copy. But with this dual timeline, there was quite a bit of recapping that came off as repetitive for me, but we all know that’s my usual bookish irk.
However, the story was so wonderfully organized, that I couldn’t help but keep reading! This was certainly a case where the dual timelines really helped to support the narrative and create a sense of suspense and mystery.
As I had mentioned above, this book centers on a man who had no sympathy, no empathy, and no guilt. He was very manipulative and had a total lack of regard for other people. He was also charismatic, so many people played right into his ploys. This man was only out for himself. He was an absent father unless being seen with his son was helpful for his public appearance. He cheated on his wife and later his long-term girlfriend, which we all know is a massive no-no when it comes to reading or media for me.
I think it’s safe to say that I hated this character, so bravo, A.F. Brady!!
When things started to unravel, I could not care less for how this character felt or was being treated.
And finally, we hit the conclusion, which was quite satisfying!
My Final Thoughts on Once A Liar
While not a book that I would read again because of the elements of cheating and repetition, I would still definitely recommend this book to fans of mysteries with unlikable characters and a heavy dose of suspense!
About The Author:
A.F. Brady is a New York State Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Psychotherapist. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Brown University and two Masters degrees in Psychological Counseling from Columbia University. She is a life-long New Yorker, and resides in Manhattan with her husband and their family.
Check out the other stops on the tour:
- Monday, January 28th: Moonlight Rendezvous
- Tuesday, January 29th: Where the Reader Grows
- Wednesday, January 30th: Midwest Ladies Who Lit
- Thursday, January 31st: The Romance Dish
- Friday, February 1st: Book Reviews and More by Kathy – excerpt
- Monday, February 4th: Jessicamap Reviews
- Tuesday, February 5th: Rockin’ Book Reviews
- Wednesday, February 6th: The Pages In-Between
- Thursday, February 7th: Novel Gossip
- Monday, February 11th: Patricia’s Wisdom
- Tuesday, February 12th: She Reads With Cats and @shereadswithcats
- Wednesday, February 13th: @readingbetweenthe_wines
- Friday, February 15th: @jennblogsbooks
- Monday, February 18th: Helen’s Book Blog
- Tuesday, February 19th: Thoughts from a Highly Caffeinated Mind
- Wednesday, February 20th: Erica Robyn Reads
- Saturday, February 23rd: Books & Bindings
- Monday, February 25th: Bewitched Bookworms
- Wednesday, February 27th: Cheryl’s Book Nook
- Friday, March 1st: @love_my_dane_dolly
- Monday, March 4th: Thoughts on This ‘n That