How many books have you re-read? If you have re-read books, please tell us the book’s title and why you re-read it.
Oh goodness, there’s no way I could put a number on this! I reread quite a bit.
There’s just something so lovely to me about rereading a book. Some books take me back to a particular time in my life, while others just feel so comforting to jump back into the story. I also like rereading because many times I will find myself picking up on things I missed on my first read. I’ve found that this is the case when I reread books that I originally read while in middle school or high school, but even a few from college when I was so pressed for time that I just couldn’t really give the book my full focus.
But let’s see… I know that I have reread the following, but this is in NO way even close to a full list:
- Harry Potter Books 1-3 by J.K. Rowling– I was given these three books by a friend who came to visit Maine from LA. I was so in love with the characters and the world that I reread them over and over again that summer. Then of course I continued to reread them before each new book or movie came out.
- Many books by Michael Crichton– He is one of my favorite authors. His works are so wonderful that I have absolutely no problem taking the time to reread over and over again.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket– I really don’t know what it is about this series. It’s SO frustrating but I love it so much. I’ve reread this series a bunch of times.
- The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay– My all time favorite book. The story is just so uplifting and incredible.
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King– My all time favorite horror novel. I will never forget the feeling that I got when I first read this book. Each reread is still just as creepy!
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk– Another of my all time favorite reads.