I wasn’t going to participate in any reading goals this year… But when I saw Barb of Booker T’s Farm – Books and Nails and Puppy Dog Tales share this one, I just had to check it out. So! To add to my list of reading goals for 2018, I am going to be participating in the 2018 Library Love Challenge hosted by Angela @ Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and Brooke @ Brooke Blogs.
2018 Library Love Challenge
This challenge is going to conflict with one of my reading goals; to read all of the books I currently own but haven’t read yet… But we all know that I just can’t resist requesting the latest releases from my local library!
- Put a sign up post on your blog or dedicate a shelf on your reading platform and link it on the challenge page. Make sure it’s public.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (prints, ebooks, or audios); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts. Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- Write a review to enter the giveaway – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, “The plot was a delight, but the characters didn’t capture me.” “I enjoyed the story and really liked the characters.”
- As an added bonus: The organizers are offering up a GIVEAWAY with this Challenge. The winner will be picked at the end of the year!! The entries are the direct links to your book reviews and you will have until Jan. 3rd, 2019 to enter your reviews in the linky and then the Rafflecopter. To enter the giveaway: 2018 Library Love Challenge Review Link-ups.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
To Join The 2018 Library Love Challenge:
- Link your sign-up post in the linky on this page.
- To enter the giveaway make sure you use the 2018 Library Love Challenge Review Link-ups page found HERE.
- Grab the 2018 Library Love Challenge button from this page and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads/LibraryThing (as long as you have a dedicated shelf someplace).
Thanks for reading!
Click here to sign up for the 2018 Library Love Challenge. The sign-up page is open all year long so you can join anytime!
Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger says
This sounds like such a great challenge! I adore the names of each level! So clever!
Erica Hatch says
Lauren Stoolfire says
Very cool – gotta support the libraries! 🙂
Erica Hatch says